Sunday, May 20, 2007

First Impressions

The fan spins but its still 33C when we go to bed. In the afternoon, it is 42C, but I'm starting to get used to it. The food is good, but my stomach is a little upset. I've been eating the Burkinabe way; with my hands.
We've been in the capital city for a couple of days now for in country trainning with the EWB longterm volunteers. On Monday, I will be heading off to the city where my job is. So far so good. We've even met a group of Rastas that are teaching us to play the Yambe (tamtam), the local language, and traditional dances, they're good folks.
People are very nice, but merchants are a little pushy. But, zith a little humour, I've realized thqt we could get away with a lot.

2 comments:

Georges said...

I'm getting lazy with the near 30C weather here, good luck with the 42C!

M. said...

Har de har, just wanted you to know your joke was appreciated. Don't forget that right hand is for eating and saying hello, and the left is for the unmentionables :) I wonder which one they yank themselves with (oh lord I haven't changed a bit!)